Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Thursday 13 December 2012

Christmas festival

We had a really good first East Finchley Christmas festival on the High Road on Saturday. I hoped we might have success, and perhaps this could be an annual thing. There was a joke going round that the weather in December was better than it had been during the cancelled Cherry Tree Woods festival in March! I hope this added a boost to the European market, who were there as well.

I think this was a really good boost to the traders, who are suffering badly from the Council's parking policies. It is a real statement about how strong volunteering and community are in East Finchley as well that this was such a success. I want to belatedly thank all those involved, and thank them for their hard work.

I know Alison and Colin enjoyed it immensely as well. I can tell you that the next summer festival is shaping up nicely as well, so look out for updates on that!