Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Tuesday 22 January 2013

The Grange- Big Local Project

Alison and I met the project director for the Big Local Fund to give us an idea of what the £1 million grant to the Grange Estate and nearby areas will encompass.

The good thing is that it's essentially up to us. We form community groups to decide how to spend the money. We cna look at some short term wins, and a larger project running for years for example.

I know I have a number of items on a shopping list for the area covered, but it would have to be the community that asked for the money.

All in all, I think this is great news, and the flexibility in thier system (plus the amount) mean I think we can achieve some real positive outcomes for a very neglected area.

I will keep you updated!