Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Monday 11 February 2013

Dropped Kerbs

After posting about broken bollards in East Finchley, I would make a point about kerbs as well. A residents contacted me to say that they had difficulty because the kerbs were not dropped at the corners of roads they were travelling on. If this is an issue for you and you would like me to chase it for you please email me at cllr.a.mittra@barnet.gov.uk or phone 077867902400. Please send me pictures of the kerbs if you have them, so I can send them to the Council and ask them to consider putting them in.

We have a duty to make sure our roads are accessible by people in wheelchairs or with pushchairs and buggies. Needless to say the money for this is not exactly running so it will take some time, but it's best to let the Council know, and when they are able to do the work they know we want it.

I aim to send in a list of places on Friday (15th) so please let me know before then.

UPDATE: Just to be clear, I am asking if you have concerns about corner Kerbs, rather than outside homes.

I have also been asked by local blogger Mr Mustard to add the following:

"To avoid a parking ticket you should not park accross a dropped kerb except with the permission of the householder, but not if it's a shared drive, and in a CPZ only outside the hours of operationif it has a single yellow line accross it (some CPZ dropped kerbs have a permit bay accross them which is fine inside zone hours)"