Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Thursday 15 August 2013

The Tempest

I went to see The Tempest at the Globe Theatre last week. Sadly, this Sunday sees the last performance from this excellent cast. It was quite simply brilliant. I have never been to the Globe before, so this was a great treat and experience, to be recommended to all.

Every bit of humour was pulled out, and normally dull roles were performed the best they probably ever have been. Having not previously been much of a Shakespeare fan, I have been converted. There are some great lines there which politicians would be wise to pour over, to plagiarise if not learn from!

I understand this will be released by the Globe as a DVD next year, I think you would be mad to not get it!