Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Friday 24 August 2012

GCSE Results

Just thought I would congratulate all those who have received exam results recently. I know what it's like!

School children have the best quality teaching, a lot of resources and strong new systems of support, which led to year upon year GCSE result records. Despite the nonsense you read in the press, young people deserve the large resources that are expended on their behalf. I am proud to be a school governor, and am always impressed by what I see from the pupils, who are far more hardworking and dedicated than I ever was! They are not the Waterloo Road rubbish you see.

Just as the 4 minute mile was achieved in 1954 and many times since because the athletes are getting better, pupils are getting better too. We should recognise that and congratulate them.