Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Friday 24 August 2012

New Finchley Memorial Hospital

I managed a quick visit to the Finchley Memorial open day the other day. The new building is amazing- well designed, light, spacious and has better parking. One visitor said that "if it is run as well as Edgware is, it will be a brilliant hospital". I quite agree, both are brilliant buildings. Edgware is run very well, we still have to see about Finchley.

I am very proud of the last Labour Government, for whom this was a last achievement. Andy Burnham managed to get it through. I hope it serves the community well.

If you're wondering, there was a good collection of councillors there, on our side each Labour ward but two had representatives, With Gill and Zakia from Colindale, Agnes and Ansuya from West Hendon, myself and Alison from East Finchley, Jim from West Finchley, Anne from Woodhouse, Barry from Coppetts and Andreas from Brunswick Park.

I also noted Lisa Rutter and the three Mill Hill councillors. I had to leave early, but I was impressed with what I saw. As a member of the Health OSC, I will be in a good position to monitor the new hospital, and keep you up to date.