Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Saturday 18 May 2013

High Road Problems

I was concerned to see on Thursday night that there were three burst water pipes on East Finchley High Road. The pipes are over 100 years old, which begs the question why they weren't replaced earlier. I understand there was only a loss of water at the station, and at the excellent Old White Lion Pub the other side of the tube station (and sadly just outside the ward). I understand this has now been returned to normal. I am not sure how long works were due to take, by that is dependent on which cement is used. I was also told there the roads would be swept of any debris.

There has been some travel disruption on the buses, but I hope this will all have been sorted by now.