Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Horace White memorial bench - update

My motion to the Finchley and Golders Green Area Environment Sub Committee regarding the Bench for Horace white was passed. In effect we delegated officers to look into our request and report back on the feasibility.

It is likely that the Mayor's outer London Fund will pay for it, through the review of North Finchley. It needs to be sited in a viable location, there needs to be clarity about it's maintenance, and it needs to discourage anti social behaviour.

I hope the officers will report back as soon as possible, and I will report back here what happens.

I must add my thanks to Cllr Lord Palmer, who was very helpful and encouraging throughout the debate. (as he usually is in any debate).