Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Monday 11 February 2013

Grit bins

Some East Finchley residents I spoke to today said they were concerned about making sure that rubbish is collected during this snowy period, and wanted to know about getting grit bins in thier areas for residents.

I have put in the questions, and will inform you on this blog on any feedback I have. Regarding the grit bins, please contact me at the usual details on the left hand side if you feel your area needs a grit bin, and I will endeavour to see if it can be done. (Obviously, it can't be done for the whole of Barnet, but I am happy to chase up for those who live in areas where it is dangerous not to). I have a concern about placing bins, because I am not sure they are always re-filled in time. I noticed during a visit to my Dad's last week that the two bins on the way to his were empty last week, and are unlikely to have been refilled in time for this latest snow.