Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Tuesday 22 October 2013

Leaders Forum

I thought the Leaders Forum last week in North London Business Park was very interesting. I look forward to getting back the minutes or write up of the meeting, but the overall message from residents was "We want to be consulted!"

The Administration seem to be taken aback by the criticism surrounding their performances on the rollout of the new recycling bins. I thought this was strange, as this has been apparent at the last residents forums, where it was announced to anger from residents of all three constituencies. I thought it was odd that they felt there had been proper consultation. It had felt to me that they made a decision on what to do, then told people what was happening.

I have had a number of irate phone calls, twitter messages and emails about it, and if you also want to complain, please email me at cllr.a.mittra@barnet.gov.uk and I will forward these complaints to the Council.