Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Monday 14 October 2013

Martin School Centenary

I had a great visit to Martin School last week to celebrate their centenary. there were all these really great cakes, as well as sandwiches and tea. I particularly enjoyed the cupcakes with the school logo icing. There was also scones and jam too. Best part of the job in many ways.

There was a talk about the history of the school, and I talked to former teachers, pupils and parents. As a former Coppetts Wood boy, who loved that school a great deal, I am sure Martin School pupils will have the same fond memories of their school.

Martin is another East Finchley school with a real appreciation for the community, a good governing body, good teachers and leadership and very nice pupils, who are well behaved and polite. A real asset to the community.