Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Plenty of work needed on Thomas Moore Estate

The Thomas Moore estate off the East End Road is a nice quiet estate, very pleasant to live in for the most part. There are a number of outstanding issues I have picked up there though, which I find alarming. I am particularly concerned by the state of brickwork. I know a lot has already been done, but all the outside walls look lkike this.

I was not happy to hear of a drain that keeps making noise that constantly disturbs residents. There are problems with the lamposts as well. The greens are uneven and have dips, and are overly muddy and worn. Whilst I do not have the best of relationships with the estate managers, Viridian, We are looking to get themk to come down and do a site visit with us to make sure they are aware of these issues and will respond to them.