Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Sunday 10 June 2012

Gardening

I fear I can profess no talent as a gardener but at least Colin Rogers seems to know what different trees are called, and Alison Moore is very fond of her plants. Today we visited 20 and 22 Trinity Road, who were taking part in the London Gardens Scheme. Their gardens were open to the public, who's admission fees go to support several charities. Both gardens on Trinity Road were beautiful examples of cottage gardens, and it is amazing what you can fit into a small space. Barnet has some very fine gardeners, and one of the pleasant things about suburbs is the abundance of well tendered gardens.

On 15th July, 79 Church Lane will be doing a similar event as today. I regret to say I diddn't have time to see that garden today but I hope to see it in July.


pic.twitter.com/X0OXLpTM