Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Monday 3 September 2012

Citizenship Ceremony

I am just off to Hendon Town Hall for a bit of civic dressing up. I have been asked to witness the Citizenship ceremony with the Mayor. I was sceptical about the ceremony when it was introduced, but it seems to be quite popular. Barnet is a very open and welcoming community, and I hope they enjoy living here. I would also say that I think it a real compliment that people want to live here. This country is a great place to live, and perhaps we should remember that when the press do us down.

UPDATE:

I have been there now, and I have to say it was very enjoyable. it seemed to mean something cvery personal to people, and everyone in the room was beaming with pride. I must book myself on more of the ceremonies!