Information about my work as a Labour Councillor for East Finchley in the London Borough of Barnet

Friday 7 September 2012

Important health meetings next week

As you will know, I am a member of the Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee (HOSC) and have a long term interest in health and care related issues. I was a carer for a cancer patient and for a dementia patient, and campaigned against the Health and Social Care Bill, so health is one of my top priorities. I asked to serve on HOSC, and I have already been up to some naughty business. I am lucky to serve with an excellent chair- Cllr Alison Cornelius, a Conservative representing Totteridge and Whetstone; and with Cllr Barry Rawlings, who is our Health spokesperson, Deputy Leader and councillor for Coppetts. They have both given me support and advice.

Our next meeting is next Wednesday, 12th September from 7pm at Hendon Town Hall. Youw ould be very welcome to come along, we are discussing important issues such as Primary Care and CCG implimentation. The documents are here. If you have comments that you wish to put to me, please email cllr.a.mittra@barnet.gov.uk but it is a public meeting, and all are welcome.

Before that, there is the Joint Health OSC on Monday 10th September somewhere on Laycock Street. This is the fun one covering us, Enfield, Camden, Haringey and Islington. I am not a member, but I always go anyway. Again, it's open to the public so feel free to come.